Thursday, November 8, 2012

Misérieux skies



So, I like to skip whole seasons in my blogging and surprise you with a new post every once in a while. Aren't you glad I'm here to bring some spice into your life?





Lots has been going on in our lives, and at the same time, I feel like we're in a normal routine for the school year. Florent is working hard, pastoring the church, mentoring several men and doing lots of conferences. His main focus these days has been around twelve conferences on the "end of the world on December 21st". He and several friends wrote a book on the subject, which came out last year. Since the big date is coming up, several churches and groups have asked him to come and speak more in detail on what some people believe will be the end of the world as we know it.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork. Ps 19:1
 At the same time, I'm working on the translation of a book which speaks a lot about heaven. It has been encouraging to me to think about what really is going to happen at the end, and just how amazing, almost unreal, the passages seem to me. We live our little lives here on earth and we say that we believe Jesus is coming back, but can we really imagine what that time will be like?
As I've been translating, the author has been talking about what will happen in the heavenlies, and I found these pictures of the sky from our house kind of inspiring. I hope you'll enjoy them too.


His descendants shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. PS 89:36, 37



The earth and the heavens will disappear, but my words will never disappear. Mt 24:35

Then he will send out his angels, and will gather together his chosen ones from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the sky. Mk 13:27

The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.


This is my rest forever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it. Ps 132:14

No comments:

Post a Comment