Friday, June 8, 2012

Ok I know it's been forever...let's just say you forgive me and go on from there ok? Poor old France has been trying to get into summer, but the weather just isn't cooperating! We've had more rainy gray days than I can remember in my 24 years here. It's been kind of depressing in a way, but maybe it'll mean a gorgeous summer while everyone is here for Mel and Derek's wedding in July and August. If so, I'll take the rain now!!

This is faith - 3" high tomato plants next to 5' stakes!!


All this water has been good for the garden though, and I haven't had to pull my hose out more than 2 or 3 times so far. We've got lots of lettuce, the strawberries are almost done, and we ate our first peas yesterday.


All the rain is really giving us lots of weeds too!


  

Well I'm thinking I might need to change the title of my blog from "Cornfields up to my door" to "Wildflowers up to my door". The farmer who owns the field behind our house has decided, after years and years of corn, to put cows in the field! He planted it over with grass and planted I don't know how many wooden pickets to get ready for the fencing he'll be putting in soon. Wild poppies have decided that this field was the perfect place for them to go crazy, to my great joy! They are so pretty! And I'm pretty impatient for the mama and baby cows to get here too! Yay, more animals to watch, and I don't have to take care of these...


 
Sunset
The view from our house

The garden gate


Emilie has been studying really hard for her bacculauréat, which actually started yesterday. But between study sessions, she decided to repaint the garden gate and the chickens' "front door". She chose a color that matches the poppies in the field, so pretty!! 



The girls love their door!




No comments:

Post a Comment